Being an influencer is considered much more than a selfie posting Instagram user, now it’s one of the top marketing tactics used to help brands reach millions of followers.
We know the benefits of influencer marketing as a marketer. But the benefits of being an influencer is just as good. You can collaborate with household name brands, earn commission or contracts by helping to create content, manage projects, and be a brand ambassador for all to see.
But as good as this sounds, the competition to be an influencer that stands out is top-notch as well. Even if you want to be an influencer solely to help your brand grow, you have a lot of work ahead of you.
What should you do to start an online business as an influencer?
1. What is your influencer goals and objectives
2. Define and research your industry/niche
3. Choose and complete your social media account
4. Use high-quality images & videos
5. Master your social media captions
6. Show off, don’t sell your products or services
7. Engage with your followers & create a community
8. Network with other influencers in your industry
9. Use the best hashtags in your post
10. Offer an incentive to collect leads